Friday, September 8, 2017

PRSSA

I've had such a busy week that I haven't had the chance to post about my first PRSSA meeting. On Tuesday, I went to the Strategic Planning and THON meetings for PRSSA and it made me even more certain I chose the right major. Unfortunately there isn't much about crisis management firms which is my main interest, but I am still excited to learn more about other aspects of PR! I also found out that our THON child is Emily Whitehead, a girl from my hometown who I know well! I could not be happier or more shocked that I am paired up with her. I'm excited to show some hometown pride and support her in every way I can. She has literally changed the world with her cancer treatment, being the first patient to try an experimental cancer treatment which cured her. She is a hero and celebrity in our town and the beginning of the end of cancer. I love being able to help her and children like her, especially through Penn State. FTK!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Michigan Still Sucks

The Michigan game was such an awesome experience! I spent the day tailgating with friends and we lined up for a random gate only to find out...