Sunday, September 24, 2017

Canning Weekend

My first and last canning weekend ever was crazy! I went canning with one of the THON groups I am a member of, Oriana Glee Club Benefitting THON (OGC). It was so nice to go with all of these people because we all love music and love to sing and it's nice to be with people who are just like you. We went to one of the members' house in Akron, Ohio, and canned in Cleveland. We raised over $2,000 FTK! We had a fun time canning for the most part, event though some places changed their mind about us canning at their store even though they approved it before, and we had to adjust to the heat! There were some major crises, including one member's car breaking down, and someone smashing a window of one of the members' cars to steal two pocket knives and a speaker. Some people even said they're never coming back to Ohio (at least for a long time)! But we sacrificed a small amount to help children who have gone through much worse than us. Watching our favorite team play against Iowa was one of the best parts of the trip: everyone rooting for the same team, OUR team, and seeing them win after a tough game was all we could ask for. I love my school, and I love that I got to help raise money to eradicate pediatric cancer. FTK!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Michigan Still Sucks

The Michigan game was such an awesome experience! I spent the day tailgating with friends and we lined up for a random gate only to find out...